Accreditations and Accolades
- The University of West Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of West Florida.
- The College of Business at the University of West Florida is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)—the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.
- The Professional Education Unit at the University of West Florida is currently accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). In preparation for UWF’s upcoming accreditation visit in 2017, the Professional Education Unit is currently aligning the educator preparation programs to the new Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) standards of educator preparation.
- The School of Nursing at the University of West Florida is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
- Ranked No. 3 for “Best Colleges in Florida/Best Online Programs” by BestColleges.com (2016)
- Ranked No. 19 in the "Top Military Friendly Online Colleges" by SREducationGroup.org (2015)
- Named a top Military Friendly® School by G.I. Jobs magazine (2008-2015)
- Ranked No. 20 for Most Affordable Online Colleges in Florida by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (2013)
- One of Forbes’ "America's Top Colleges" (2011-2016)
- Ranked No. 22 in the "Most Affordable Online Master's Degree Programs" by BestMastersPrograms.org (2015)
- Received the "Community Engagement Classification" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching (2015)
- Designated a "Best Southeastern College" by The Princeton Review (2003 - 2015)
- College of Business ranked No. 5 in the U.S. for first-time pass rates by small accounting programs on the CPA exam by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (2013)
- One of the only business schools in the Florida Panhandle region that is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)