Dr. John Pecore, Associate Professor
- PhD – Georgia State University, 2010
- MEd – Georgia State University, 1999
- BS – Old Dominion University, 1987
- AS – Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary, 1985
- Co-edited the book Interplay of Creativity and Giftedness in Science.
- Section editor of the International Handbook of Progressive Education.
- Principal Investigator of $1.3M National Science Foundation Robert Noyce Scholarship Program Grant.
- Founding Board Member of Progressive Education Network.
In which online programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Contemporary Curriculum Issues and Theories; Advanced Methods in Curriculum and Instruction
Why did you start teaching?
To help students develop their interest and a sense of purpose so they may thrive in a democratic society.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
"People, in general, only ask advice not to follow it; or if they do follow it, it is for the sake of having someone to blame for having given it." – Athos, The Three Musketeers
What's the best advice you could give to online students?
"Play the game of learning and not the game of school." – Elliott Galloway (1920-2008)