Dr. Rebecca McBride, Instructor
- Ed.D. – University of West Florida, 1999
- EDS – University of West Florida, 1996
- M.Ed. – University of West Florida, 1981
- B.A. – University of West Florida, 1971
- Taught grades 1-5 for 14 years
- Primary Resource Teacher for 2 years
- Curriculum Coordinator for 3 years
- Principal for 18 years
- Member of the Florida Education Standards Commission
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Introduction to Educational Leadership; The Principalship
What do you want students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
I want students to learn as much as possible about the role of the principal in a school. I also want them to learn about themselves so that they can work on weaknesses and continue to develop their strengths.
Why did you start teaching?
I love students and school and have wanted to teach since I started school myself. I enjoy learning and working with students and parents.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
You are better than no one and no one is better than you. Aim high.
What's the best advice you could give to online students?
Manage your time well and stay current with your work.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The Servant by James C. Hunter.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in educational leadership?
- Good communicator both written and oral
- Emotionally mature
- Lifelong learner
- People person
- Sense of humor
What do you think is the biggest challenge that teachers face today?
Staying abreast of change.