Accreditations and Accolades
- The University of West Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of West Florida.
- The College of Business at the University of West Florida is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)—the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.
Learn why AACSB accreditation matters when choosing an MBA program
- The Professional Education Unit at the University of West Florida is currently accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). In preparation for UWF’s upcoming accreditation visit in 2017, the Professional Education Unit is currently aligning the educator preparation programs to the new Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) standards of educator preparation.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at the University of West Florida are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Named a "Best Regional College" by The Princeton Review (2018)
- Ranked No. 11 among the "Best Online Colleges in Florida" by TheBestSchools.org (2018)
- Ranked No. 2 among the "20 Best Value College for Students with Autism" by BestValueSchools.com (2018)
- Ranked a "Best Regional College — Southeastern" by The Princeton Review (2003-2019)
- Received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine (2015, 2016, 2018)
- Named a "Best Online College in Florida" by AffordableCollegeCommunity.net (2018)
- Ranked No. 18 among the "Top 20 Cheap Online Bachelor's Degrees" by GreatValueColleges.net (2018)
- Ranked No. 12 among the "Best Colleges for Students with Autism" by College Choice (2017)
- Ranked as the No. 4 "Online and On-Campus College in Florida" by Schools.com (2017)
- Ranked in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings (2017)
- Named a "Best Online College in Florida" by College Choice (2017)
- Ranked a "Best Public College or University" by Bizjournals.com (2017)
- Ranked in the top 15% of all institutions evaluated by College Factual (2017)
- Named a Gold-level Military Friendly School Award recipient in the large public school category (2017)
- Ranked No. 7 "Most Affordable College of Florida" by College Choice (2017)
- Ranked No. 24 among the "Most Affordable Online Colleges & Degrees" by SR Education Group (2017)
- Ranked No. 22 among the "Best Online Schools in Florida" by Accreditedschoolsonline.org (2017)
- Ranked a "Best College" by Money magazine (2017)
- One of the only business schools in the Florida Panhandle region that is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)