Dr. John Batchelor, Associate Professor
- PhD in Organizational Behavior – Virginia Commonwealth University, 2011
- MBA – East Carolina University, 2005
- BSBA in Accounting – East Carolina University, 2001
- Published in the Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Organizational Dynamics, etc.
- Served in the US Army
- Organized an educational student trip to China
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
What do you want students to learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
How to be successful in business. Increased understanding of how to influence others in a positive way.
Why did you start teaching?
To be part of the educational conversation.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
Never put anything in writing unless you want the entire world to know.
What's the best advice you could give to online students?
Read all the required material.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in management?
Patience and the ability to handle ambiguity.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know about you.
My 8th grade teacher told my mom I was not smart enough to go to college.