Skip to content Phone number 877-588-2502
Open Search Bar
We are temporarily waiving the GMAT/GRE requirements for all applicants Apply now!


Expand All [+]

General FAQs

Admission FAQs

Whom should I contact if I have questions about the application process?

Please contact an enrollment specialist at 877-588-2502.

How do I check my application status?

  1. Log in to MyUWF
  2. Search and select the "Application Status" app
  3. Select the Application/Term from the "Details" button
  4. You are looking at your UWF application status

What is MyUWF?

MyUWF is a secure system, providing users with access to their personal student information. Eligible users of MyUWF are prospective and former students of UWF. A prospective student, for the purpose of using MyUWF, is defined as a person who has completed an application for admission to UWF. You must create a PIN and use your UWF ID number to gain access to the MyUWF system.

What if I forgot my PIN?

If you forgot your PIN and have established a security question/answer for your account, you may look up your PIN using the Forgot PIN feature on the MyUWF login screen. For users who do not have security questions, the PIN must be reset to the default value (your birth month and day). For PIN resets, contact the ITS Help Desk at 850-474-2075. The first time you log into MyUWF after a PIN reset, enter your default PIN. At that time, you will be required to create a new PIN.

I haven't paid my application fee. Will my application be processed?

No, applications will not be processed until the $30 application processing fee is received. This fee cannot be waived or deferred.

How do I pay my application fee?

To pay online, use the online payment option when you submit your online application. This is your only opportunity to pay the application processing fee online. The fee can also be paid by check or money order, in US currency only, drawn on a U.S. bank and payable to the University of West Florida. If payment is made by check or money order, please reference the applicant's full name, UWF ID, and date of birth. Please mail the check or money order to the following address:

The University of West Florida
Cashier's Office
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg. 20E
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750

Do you accept transfer credits?

Depending on your intended program, the transfer of credit may be applicable. Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.

If coursework from all colleges shows up on the transcript for one college, can I just submit the transcript from the one college?

No, we require an official transcript from every institution ever attended regardless of whether or not a degree was earned. Official college transcripts should be mailed to the following address:

The University of West Florida
Graduate Admissions
11000 University Pkwy., Bldg 11
Pensacola, FL 32514-5750

The UWF Graduate School is unable to accept electronic, secure transcripts directly from other institutions unless it is a Florida institution that uses the FASTER transcript system. When requesting transcripts from your current or previous institution, please be sure to specify that you need a hard-copy transcript sent to UWF.

What do I need to do if I have transcripts from a non-U.S. secondary school, college or University?

You should submit official copies of any/all academic work (secondary school and any post-secondary college or university) to a credential evaluation company for a course by course credit evaluation with grade point average calculation. Request that both the evaluation and the official transcripts be submitted to the Admissions Office directly for processing when available.

We recommend either Josef A Silny or Education Credential Evaluators as both are affordable and efficient partners.

What is UWF's recipient code for the MAT?

The recipient code is 1089.

What is UWF's institution code for the GRE?

The institution code is 5833.

Does UWF accept the GMAT instead of the GRE or MAT?

Only under certain circumstances. For example, if a student has already taken the GMAT or can access the GMAT much more easily than the GRE or the MAT and has undergraduate GPA above 3.0, it may be considered. Please check with your graduate advisor first.

For how long is my application good?-Graduate Level

Applicants have 30 days after they submit their application to change their program of interest or semester of entry. If it is past 30 days, applicants will need to submit a new application to make the changes. Applicants normally have longer than 30 days to change other information on their applications such as departmental documents (such as letter of intent or letters of recommendation) or their previously attended institution list. If you do not get admitted or do not take a course in the semester in which you were admitted, you will need to reapply and repay the application fee.

What virtual resources are available to me as a UWF student?

The Academic Technology Center (ATC) is responsible for UWF's Online Campus (OLC). The OLC supports all fully online, blended, and web-conferencing degree and certificate programs. The OLC website provides one-stop shopping for distance learning students to assist in planning online degrees, certificates, and educational experiences. Students may access the website for advisement, admissions procedures, registration, information about taking online classes, and graduation. The Online Campus provides many helpful tips and links to the same quality services and student support available on our University of West Florida campuses. Students participating in the Online Campus will have access to advisors, military education coordinators, and others to assist the online learner's overall educational experience.

There is also an Online Writing Lab (OWL) to help students with any writing issues.


Registration FAQs

How do I activate my Argonet account?

First-time MyUWF users will need to activate their accounts.

What is a full-time student?

For graduate programs, full-time enrollment is six (6) semester hours or more each semester (fall, spring and summer).

I have received an email about graduate online orientation; do I need to sign up for this?

As an online-only program student, you do not need to complete the university's online orientation through Student Transition Programs. Please visit New Graduate Student Online Orientation so that you have all the information you need as an online-only student. Once you are admitted to the program, you will be enrolled in a departmental online orientation; further instructions are provided in the email offering admission.

I have received an email about undergraduate online orientation; do I need to sign up for this?

As an Online-Only program student you do not need to complete the University online orientation through the. Office of Admissions

Once you are admitted to the program, further instructions are provided in the departmental admission email regarding online resources.

Please bookmark so that you have all the information you need as an online-only student. Especially note the links "Get Started at UWF" and "Getting Ready for Class"

What is the difference between a drop and a withdrawal?

Class Drop:

A student can only drop a course during the add/drop period. The add/drop period is for a very limited time at the beginning of the course, typically the first week. Please check the Academic Dates and Deadlines to review the dates of the add/drop period for the specific term or semester in which you are enrolled.

Class Withdrawal:

If a student does not drop a class by the add/drop deadline, there is the option of withdrawing from the course during the withdrawal period. The grade of "W" appears on the student's academic record (transcript) and the student will be held financially responsible for the course(s). The grade-point average is not affected by a withdrawal but a withdrawal may affect the student's satisfactory academic progress. A partial refund of fees is possible early in the withdrawal period. Please check the Academic Dates and Deadlines to review the withdrawal deadlines.

How do I drop a course?

For instructions on how to drop a class, review UWF Dropping Courses. If a class is dropped during the add/drop period, the class will not display on the student's academic record (transcript) and the student will not be responsible for payment.

How do I withdraw from a course?

For instructions on how to withdraw from a class, review UWF Withdrawal Process.

How do I request unofficial/official transcripts?

The Registrar's Office has instructions (.pdf) for ordering transcripts.


Financial Aid FAQs

How do I apply for financial aid?

  1. Apply for a federal PIN (student and parent) at The PIN will serve as your electronic signature on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). PINs are issued electronically in "real time," meaning you can elect to receive your number immediately on the PIN website or via email. Otherwise, it will be mailed to you through regular mail in 7-10 days.
  2. Complete the FAFSA, available online at
  3. Enter UWF's financial aid school code (003955) in Step 6 on the FAFSA form.
  4. The results, called a Student Aid Report (SAR), will be electronically transmitted to UWF. If you use your PIN to sign the FAFSA and provide an email address, the results will be available in 1-3 days electronically. If the results are sent through regular mail, you will receive a SAR in 2-3 weeks.
  5. Submit an application for admission to UWF. No offer of financial aid will be made until you have been accepted for admission to UWF.
  6. You must complete the FAFSA every year.

Whom can I contact for Veteran's Affairs?

How do I get information about financial aid?

If your question is regarding financial aid eligibility or financial aid awards, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 850-474-2400 or send an email to [email protected]. If your question is regarding the disbursement of your aid, contact Student Accounts at 850-474-3037.

When are fees due?

A student becomes liable for his or her tuition upon registration. There are only two due dates per term. Fees for courses remaining on the student's schedule at the close of the drop/add period must be paid by the fee payment due date. The start date of your earliest class determines your fee payment due date. Payment for classes added after the initial due date are due immediately. For more information and specific examples refer to Student Financial Services FAQs.

Do I need to purchase the Nautilus Card ID?



Graduation FAQs

How and when do I apply for graduation?

Students fulfilling requirements for a UWF undergraduate degree must submit an electronic "Application for Graduation" in MyUWF by the application deadline stated in the Academic Calendar. Retroactive graduation to a prior semester will not be approved

Students fulfilling requirements for a UWF master's degree must submit an "Application for Graduation" to their major departments by the application deadline stated in the Academic Calendar. Graduation application forms can be submitted through MyUWF. See confluence "Applying for Graduation" for instructions.


Technology FAQs

What are the computer and software requirements?

Run eLearning's System Check to make sure your computer meets the eLearning requirements.

Is there technical assistance available in case I have trouble?

If at any time you experience technical problems (you can't access the course, you can't see certain material, etc.) please contact the ITS Help Desk. For hours of operation please visit the eLearning Support for Students page.

How do I access my online courses?

You must first be admitted to UWF and registered for the course(s). Enrolled students, visit UWF eLearning to access your course.


Business FAQs

What requirements do I need to meet for an MBA?

Students seeking an MBA must also meet the following requirements:

  • Be admitted to the program
  • Complete degree requirements compliant with the time to degree policy (earning a "C" grade or better and maintain an overall graduate MBA grade-point average of 3.0 or better)
Request Information
*All fields required.
or call 877-588-2502
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that the University of West Florida (UWF) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend UWF or to purchase any other goods or services.