Swain, a full-time employee, full-time mom and full-time wife, said the online program was the only way she could achieve her higher education goals.
The program’s weekly modules are well-organized, giving her a clear path to follow from the beginning to the end of the semester. Being able to work on school projects at her own pace, whenever she had free time, fit her busy life well.
Swain plans to become a certified public accountant once she completes the online program. She says she enjoys accounting as much as marketing, and the general MBA gives her the flexibility to pursue all aspects of a business education.
Online MBA Benefits Are Many
Earning an advanced degree is easier than ever with programs like the online MBA from the University of West Florida. Consider some of the benefits, as outlined by OnlineMBA.com:
- The ability to access online lectures and other study materials in your most comfortable setting is an advantage of online programs. And, you can carry on your MBA program through job transfers, relocation and travel without missing deadlines.
- An online MBA program allows you to study around your existing work and family schedules. If you learn quickly and have the time, you can earn your degree sooner.
- Online programs offer easy access to reading lists, textbooks, assignments and announcements in digital form, freeing you from the worry of losing something important. Some students find online programs offer opportunities for class discussions with fewer interruptions, increasing the possibility that all students may be heard.
- On-Campus Resources. Many on-campus resources such as career services are available to online students. Online programs will also offer equal access to services such as technical support or getting a copy of your transcript from the registrar.
- Cost Savings. Online programs can offer cost-saving benefits including affordable tuition and lower transportation costs. Like Swain, many working professionals are finding programs like the University of West Florida Master of Business Administration online program a logical choice as they pursue an advanced degree.
The program offers a comprehensive curriculum that equips the student with expert business skills, tools and experiences that allow for quick career advancement.
Over half of the courses include experimental, applied learning, which allows you to build an integrated portfolio to showcase your strategic skills and expertise.
Students may also choose their business emphasis, ensuring knowledge and skills gained will apply to your current job, while preparing you for career advancement once you earn your degree. In addition, there is a focus on leadership skills to help you excel in any career.
Learn more about UWF’s online MBA program.